Melbourne MCS, Boneo Rd, Cape Schanck

Melbourne Radio (VIM) was the first coast station commencing service from Melbourne's Domain site on 8th February 1912. This station was equipped with a 2.5Kw quenched gap transmitter operating on the frequency of 500khz.

In 1966 operations were transferred to a new station at Cape Schanck from where it provided safety services for Bass Strait and Tasmanian coastal waters until its closure on 30th June 2002 along with all the other Australian coast radio stations.

See the VIM Photo Gallery

MCO Stig Eriksson GMDSS Console MF Transmitters Biconical Monopole Antenna Gantry and Rear of Building